Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Review: 3DS

   Hello, fellow gamers. Today I'll be review the 3DS, the newest DS from Nintendo. I thought it would be a lot better if I showed my actual 3DS so lets get to it.




   So this isn't what all 3DS covers look like. I just happened to get lucky. They come in a variety of colors now and special editions. As you can see it's pretty slim. It fits small hands very nicely and for those with bigger hands no need to worry, the 3DS XL has been made. It's design is the same besides the camera feature, which was added in the DSi, and the new control pad. The charger socket is larger and no longer versatileI. The game slot can still play original DS games, but we still cannot play GameBoy games on it, which is the only thing I'm disappointed about. But other than that I don't have many complaints about the 3DS. It suits me well. 



   Now lets take a look at the inside. There's the new control pad along with the original. The power button is on the inside, but in a place that would be hard to press accidentally. The start and select button are near the touch screen and added is the home button. The home button allows you to access this screen (home screen of course.)  just like on the Wii and Wii U. It can be accessed from 3DS games, but not original DS games (you risk shutting of the game and losing unsaved data). The screen is similar to that of the Wii and Wii U as well. It has the apps and you can also have folders. The actual 3D feature brings the games alive. It's truly amazing, but unfortunately I can't keep it on high for long before my eyes start hating me for it. Of course the 3D feature is not compatible for regular DS games. It actually shuts off when you play them. But overall, Nintendo did an amazing job with this console. I absolutely love it and welcome it greatly to my handheld console collection. Just make sure you have your GameBoy or original DS with you for those older games. 

Hopefully this helped someone or at least provided some entertainment. - Dany


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pictures, Images and Photos